How Stratos Collect Your Personal Data
The PDPA definite personal data as “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified a) from that data; or b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.”
- We collect personal data in the following ways:
- When you leave your contact details with us after visiting our websites and portals, or making enquiries on other third-party portals;
- When you leave your contact details with us to enquiry
- When you leave your contact details with us after attending our events e.g., marketing events such as roadshows and seminars;
- When you respond to any of our marketing collaterals e.g. advertisements, brochures or flyers;
- When you fill in our application, registration, enquiry or survey forms;
- When you book or reserve a venue for meeting, events, seminar or talk;
- When you engage our services;
- When you participate in any of our quantitative and qualitative surveys;
- When you respond to any of our job advertisements on any websites, social media platforms, etc;
- When you submit your job application form and curriculum vitae (CV) to us; and
- When you provide feedback or file a complaint to us.
Types of Personal Data That Stratos Collect
- Personal contact information includes email address;
- Your IP address;
- Personal particulars;
- Family details;
- Work experience – for job applicants;
- Other information such as behavior, interest and preferences
How Stratos Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we have collected about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- Conduct market research and analysis;
- Follow up on your expression of interest to subscribe to our publications; and
- Process job applications
Who Stratos Disclose Your Personal Data To
Your information may be shared internally for legitimate business reasons, such as customer support, quality control, or company analysts. Stratos may disclose your information to our third-party service providers such as financial institutions, customer relationship system, etc.
Your personal information includes real names, postal addresses, email addresses, and social security numbers, etc is secure with us:
- We will not make any personal information of yours available to anyone without your knowledge (as described in this policy), except in the rare instances required by law. This includes your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- We will never try to sell you anything – that is not our business. We will never sell your name to anyone else who might want to sell you anything.
- Occasionally, we may contact you for us to validate responses. We will never misrepresent ourselves or what we are doing.
- Your individual responses or feedback to us will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information.
How Stratos Manage the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
To the fullest extent required by the PDPA, before we collect, use or disclose your personal data, we will notify you of the purpose why we are doing so. We next obtain written confirmation from you on your expressed consent. As far as possible, we will not collect more personal data than necessary for the stated purpose.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent, you may terminate by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you will have the option of unsubscribing at the bottom of the email you received from us. By clicking the “Unsubscribe”, you will terminate your subscription with us.
How You Can Access and Make Correction to Your Personal Data
You may write in to us, to find out how we have been using or disclosing your personal data. We are obligated under the PDPA to allow you access to your personal data of the past one year, and to make any correction if there is any error or omission. Before we accede to your request, we may need to verify your identity by checking your National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) or other legal identification documents. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. By which time we will give you an estimate of how long it is going to take to retrieve all the relevant data.
How We Ensure the Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions and verification checks to ensure that the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date. From time to time, we may do a verification exercise with you to update us on any changes to your personal data.
Protection of Personal Data
We will take the necessary security arrangements to protect your personal data that is in our possession to prevent unauthorised access, use, disclosure, or similar risks. All our Employees/Associates will take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain any of your personal data under our charge when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes. Based on our Data Retention Policy, we will ensure that your personal data that are no longer needed by us will be destroyed or disposed of in a secure manner.
Queries and Complaints to Stratos
If you have any query or feedback regarding this Policy, or any complaint you have relating to how we manage your personal data, you may contact us at:
Telephone: + 603-78034779 / 4773
Postal Mail: Stratos Consulting Group Sdn Bhd, A-3A-2, Zenith Corporate Park Kelana Jaya, Jalan SS7/26, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
- Your full name and contact information
- Brief description of your query or complaint
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.